Review: Mexifornia Festival at California Pizza Kitchen

California Pizza Kitchen, famous for their delectable California-style pizzas, is a brand in itself. My encounters with their Pizzas and innovatively themed limited time menus have left me gushing like a fan-girl for them time and time again. So, when this Summer and my craving for Mexican cuisine hit an all time high, coming across the ongoing "Mexifornia" Festival at California Pizza Kitchen certainly fired up my appetite and imagination.

Thus, the last week saw me heading to California Pizza Kitchen's Lower Parel outlet located in the Phoenix Mills Compound, Mumbai, to seize the opportunity and relish the Mexifornian delights before the time could snatch the chance away from me (Yes, Mexifornia Festival is on only till 21st June, so hurry and grab your bite!). To sum up my experience precisely; it is definitely something worth braving the sun for, in my book.

My 'Mexifornian' adventure kicked off with Mango Tango, an irresistible mocktail of Mango juice, Orange Juice, Passion Fruit Syrup and Lime Juice, followed by a massive serving of CPK Nachos made Californian style topped with a generous helping of Cheese Sauce, Jalapenos, fresh Tomatoes and Guacamole-Jalapeno Sauce. Honestly, in my opinion, the star of the CPK Nachos was the Guacamole-Jalapeno Sauce with its unique overtones of a spicy tang and velvety smoothness.

The Mango Tango

CPK Nachos

Next in line came the Corn & Jalapeno Empanada; filled with Sweet Corn, Jalapeno and Cheese, claiming to be baked till perfection, the Empanadas, as suggested by the server were consumed piping hot and I kid you not, it did not fail in captivating my senses! The crisp of the crust paired with the cheesy goodness of molten cheese, cut by the tang of Jalapenos in the nick of the time and sweetness of Sweet Corn was quite a treat to savor.

Corn & Jalapeno Empanada

By this time, I was done with Mango Tango and my inquisitiveness lead me into ordering Apple Jack, a concoction of Apple Juice, Lime Juice and Strawberry Puree. That, paired with Mexican Veggie Pizza, involving a thin crust flavored with Spicy Bean Sauce and topped with Onion, Peppers, Baby Corn and Jalapenos surely satiated my longing for Mexican flavors.

Mexican Veggie Pizza

The Apple Jack

After devouring the two Appetizers and the Pizza, washed down with the two Mocktails, I had no space left in my tummy for the Specialty Main Course and straight made a nose-dive for the Dessert which presented itself to me in the form of two options- the Mexican Caramel Banana Flan or the Trio Of Chocolate Mousse. I went with the latter and couldn't be more satisfied when an edible Dark Chocolate Cup filled with rich Chocolate Mousse flavored with three layers of Mexican White, Milk and Dark Chocolate, each possessing a hint of Coffee, was brought to the table.  

The Trio of Chocolate Mousse in Chocolate Cup!

The Trio Of Chocolate Mousse, in my opinion, is the most innovative dessert that California Pizza Kitchen has done till date, if not the best. It was abundantly luscious and not overtly sweet (something which one can easily go wrong with when everything is chocolate!), clearly a win-win. 

Overall, Mexifornia menu curated at California Pizza Kitchen is a must try. I wouldn't mind going in for an another round of Corn & Jalapeno Empanadas and to sample the Specialty Main Course. And my folks, if you dig Mexican Cuisine, this is something you should not give a miss. Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Himalaya Acne-n-Pimple Cream

An Untold Story

Chapter 2: Such A Long Journey