Random Reflections

It has been a really long time since I poured my heart out here. And honestly, my day feels incomplete if I don't blog or even attempt to blog. Heck, I am not even able to align my thoughts in a straight fashion now after all these months of idleness in writing department. Still, I am trying to push through because I have lots to tell, yes, lots!

I have been reading a few books, doing quite some things. Yet, as strange as it may seem; the only thing coming to my mind, which finds a mention in my lots lists, is something that happened very recently, that is, last Saturday. What happened, you'd ask. Well, Kamathipura happened.

Most of you must be acquaint with this little infamous pocket of Mumbai, if not, then all you should know is this place is a 'no-go'. I went there as a part of my college's AICUF unit for a social outreach program whose focus was interaction with the children of the women who work there.

Frankly, I wasn't expecting much out of this exercise, but at the end of it, I emerged with tonnes of beautiful memories. Right from the sparkle in the little boy's eyes when I drew his ambition on paper with him to him asking me to stay with him throughout the duration of our visit. It was lovely, but at the same time heart-breaking because I know that no matter what I can't save his innocence from the quicksand he is into.

Things like this keep me reminded again and again to be so thankful for the way I've been blessed with resources and opportunities. Things like this keep me reminded again and again the value of little things we take for granted every day! I mean, seriously, a sizable population on the face of this earth is deprived of things we overlook.

I know, I know; it is Republic Day today not Thanksgiving Day, still my ramble is relevant because this day guarantees fundamental rights to India's citizens and again, many are deprived of the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Himalaya Acne-n-Pimple Cream

An Untold Story

Chapter 2: Such A Long Journey