On My Playlist: Phantom Of The Opera by Nightwish


I know, I know, I have been MIA since too long now. Well, I don't want to start a blame game, but let's just say the situation was too hectic. Finally, I am taking a break and doing things which are fun-fun, not study-fun; watching Revenge (Once Upon A Time is the next in line), snoozing as much as I can (yes, day-in day-out) and dreaming of witnessing an Opera live (Ah, this one is barely possible, I think).

Talking of Opera, I've always felt a pull towards operatic vocals (you see, a reason why I subconsciously prefer bands like Iron Maiden and Deep Purple), just like how tides get pulled towards the moon on a full moon night. I'm not going to talk a lot about Opera today because essentially I don't possess enough knowledge about it in the first place. Despite that, hey, I can talk about Phantom Of The Opera. I have been meaning to read the book but as I am trying to cope with a burnout (which happened due to reading too much and studying almost all day, in the first place) the plan has been laid to rest for a while.

Nonetheless, I am still fascinated by the Phantom Of The Opera and this fascination landed me through youtube on this beautiful song by Nightwish called...(you guessed it right)...'Phantom Of The Opera'. I feel awkward admitting it but I prefer this Phantom Of The Opera over Iron Maiden's Phantom Of The Opera; maybe because this one is actually a cover of the original from the musical.

Honestly, I must've heard this song over a hundred times now since past two days! Also Marco's vocals on this song have become an epitome of Phantom's voice for me; just note how perfectly it sticks to the image of the Phantom (not minding the whole opera part). I checked out the original too, but still this cover has got stuck inside my head. Hence, I am sharing this with you too, check out the song maybe, and if you can't shake it off you head like me, do let me know in the comments below (rhymes, no? Ok bye).


Edit: I just saw the movie, and I was wrong all along with my assumption that the Phantom is an actual phantom. And wow, the story is so beautiful! If you haven't already seen the movie or have read the book or have seen the musical, I suggest you to do it now! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Himalaya Acne-n-Pimple Cream

An Untold Story

Chapter 2: Such A Long Journey