"Winning" in its purest form?

"All the best, I hope you win"....as a student athlete during my school days I very often heard these words, sometimes said to me, other times as murmurs in the backdrop. Today as I reflect, winning was the thing; the winner was the one who was celebrated, who was cherished. But now, it doesn't matter; it is a thing of past. World sees winners everyday and forgets them the very next second, but what the World remembers is the person who makes a difference to it, and that's my friends, the true essence of winning- to be able to make a difference, not just acquiring a mere satisfaction of one's ego of being the best. World remembers Steve Jobs, not because he was a winner. Heck no, he was a college dropout, a hippie. But he is remembered as the one who revolutionized our world!

The are several interpretation of the word "Winning", but from my point of view, winning is all about making an impact on people's mind not by winning laurels but by deeds.

*****
This is my entry for India Today's Conclave 2014.

Comments

  1. Abe kya boring article hai. Winning is for your own self. Don't give a single fuck about people. Win it for your content. Win it for your happiness. Bokwas ladki xD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Himalaya Acne-n-Pimple Cream

An Untold Story

Chapter 2: Such A Long Journey