The long lost Childhood

She looked to the left then to the right,
when suddenly my gaze met her sight.

She pointed towards something and giggled,
and I felt as if my childhood had returned.

The pure feeling of joy radiating from her face,
took me back to the time where there was no race.

The time when kids were kids and were free to explore,
but now they don't even have time to listen to a lore.

It pains me to see how childhood is wasted these days,
as it has become a ritual for parents to restrict a child's ways.

For once upon a time childhood was all about discovering,
today its just a phase where the kids are forced to do rote learning.

****
Any thoughts? Suggestion and criticism welcomed.
(This is my entry for the #SoakNoMore contest organized by Indiblogger.)

Comments

  1. Good work! I like how the structure of the poem moves from light to loaded in consonance with the ideas as they progress from lightness of childhood to the cumbersome education system in place today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the way you actually merged small incidents in life to differt he childhood then and now..I miss my child hood and I am very sorry for todays generation who dont get to njoy looney toones nor the simple stress less life we had

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poem..good amalgamation of different incidences of childhood !

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Himalaya Acne-n-Pimple Cream

An Untold Story

Chapter 2: Such A Long Journey